Logo Lourdes Shrine Name Tamil Name Lourdes Shrine Name Lourdes Shrine Name
 
Statistics

This Shrine is dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes and built as a replica of Lourdes Basilica of France

Lower Church   Upper Church
lower Church   Upper Church
The Lower Church was built in the year 1959 and on February 22 it was bessed by the 1st ArchBishop of Madras Mylapore, Most Rev. Dr.Louis Mathias   The Upper Church was built in the year 1960 and blessed by the same ArchBishop on February 11th, the Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes
Eucharistic Chappel   The Grotto
lower Church   Upper Church
This Chappel is opened all over the day for Peope to come and pray before the Bessed Sacrament   The statue of Our Lady was brought from France on the 11th February 2014 a miraculous event happened that the eyes of Our Lady started blinking and this event was lasted for more than three months. Around 3 Lakhs people of all religion witnessed this miracle. There are many miracles happening in this Grotto as witnessed by many people.

Today, in the year 2015 Our Parish has 3906 Families with about 20,000 Members

PARISH STATISTICS
Community Station No. of
Families
No. of
Anbiams / BCC
Tamil speaking community Main Station 1968 84
English speaking community Main Station 1213 30
C.C.Pakkam (St. Antony’s Church) Sub-station 313 6
P.T.R. Colony (Annai Velankanni Church) Sub-station 78 3
Mangalapuram (OL of Velankanni Church) Main Station 304 9
TOTAL 1 Main+ 2 Sub stations 3906 132